About the Department
"Transforming dreams into reality" is the motto of our Education Society. The department of Mechanical Engineering at GEHU is thus following the path by “Dreaming, Inventing, Innovating and Acknowledging Challenges.” Our students are trained in solving problems through the understanding of root cause to improve the quality of life. The mission of the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Mechanical Engineering is “to provide a rigorous hands-on engineering education integrated with liberal arts in a student-centered environment.”
We have planned our curriculum in a manner that our graduates will be equipped for life-long learning necessary for professional practice and advanced studies. We, at GEHU, prepare our students to be the technical, business, and global leaders of tomorrow.
Visualize the Department as an internationally recognized center of excellence in Mechanical Engineering Education and Research having sound technical knowledge with innovative approach and are competent to produce Engineers who pursue diverse and successful careers in modern society.
- Quality education to the students along with enhancement of their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- A supportive learning environment and research with opportunities for continuous improvement leading to overall professional success.
- Development of linkages with top R&D organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- Dedicated efforts to be made for enhancing employability of students.
Program’s Outcomes (PO’s)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- To utilize the concept of mechanical engineering technology that could be utilized in a wide spectrum of technical industries.
- To demonstrate the written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical environments.
- An ability to build the nation, by imparting technological inputs and managerial skills to become Technocrats and Entrepreneurs, build the attitude of developing new concepts on emerging fields and pursuing advanced education.
- Capability to apply learned principles to the analysis, design, development and implementation of more advanced mechanical systems or processes exhibited professionalism, team work, multidisciplinary approach, through continued education and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.