Launch of IGBC Student Chapter at Graphic Era Hill University by "Department of Civil Engineering" on September 25th 2018
About Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
IGBC, which is part of CII-Godrej GBC, is actively involved in promoting the Green Building concept in India. The council is represented by all stakeholders of construction industry comprising of: Corporates, Government & Nodal agencies, Architects, Product manufacturers, Institutions, etc.
The vision of the council is to serve as single point solution provider and be a key engine to facilitate all Green Building activities in India.
IGBC is facilitating the green building movement through the following services:
1. IGBC Rating systems for New Buildings (New Construction & Core and Shell), Homes, Factories, Townships, SEZ’s, Landscape & Existing Buildings
2. IGBC Accredited Professional exam
3. Facilitating & Handling of Green Building Projects
4. Green building workshops & training programs
5. Green building missions
6. Green building congress- India’s flagship event on green buildings
1. Educational visit held for B.Tech Civil Engineering students (IV semester) to Khodri power house and Lakhwar-Vyasi Dam project.
2. Educational visit held for B.Tech Civil Engineering students (VI semester) to 68 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant at Kargi Chowk Dehradun. A Project under Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan
3. Visit of Graphic Era Hill University Dehradun, students of Civil Engineering Department to Graphic Era medical hospital site Selaqui.
4. Educational Visit held for B.Tech Civil Engineering students (IV and VI semester) to Irrigation Research Institute
5. The visit of the final year students to Khankra (District. Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand) for working on the Project of Retrofitting.
6. Industrial Visit of Graphic Era Hill University, students of Civil Engineering Department to ONGC Green Building, Dehradun.
7. Visits of Graphic Era Hill University, students of Civil Engineering Department, to under Construction site of Graphic Era Medical, Graphic Era Hostel, Auditorium of graphic era deemed to be university. The purpose of these visits was to help the students understand the real life aspects of construction work and preventive measures taken at the site. In different phases the students were briefed about Ready-mix-concrete, laying of Raft foundation, earthquake resistant design and latest material used in construction technology.
8. Department of Civil Engineering students visited Art-N-Glass Inc. Distt.- Sirmour, Kala Amb, Himachal Pradesh. ART-N-GLASS INC. is a high technology company with more than 25 years of experience in the areas of special glass, advanced materials and state-of-the-art technologies.
9. Education visit to Geodetic and Research Branch Survey of India.
10. Educational tour of B.Tech (CE) V Semester students to Water Treatment Plant, Rajpur Road Dehradun.
11. Students of Civil Engineering visited Brick Kiln site at Selaqui.
12. An Educational Visit of Graphic Era Hill University, students of Civil Engineering Department to Green Hills Building and Subhir Raha Oil Museum at Tel Bhavan Complex, ONGC, Dehradun.
13. The students of the Department of Civil Engineering, Graphic Era Hill University visited the under construction Convention Center of Graphic Era Deemed to be University.
14. Graphic Era Hill University, Department of Civil Engineering students visited the under construction site of Graphic Era Hill University. The purpose of this visit was to help the students understand the real life aspects of construction work and preventive measures taken at the site.
1. Vipin Semwal - B.Tech CE (2015 Batch) - Officer in the Indian Army, making the country and his family proud.
2. Simol Naudiyal B.Tech CE 2016 Batch awarded Uttarakhand Youth Icon Award by Honble Chief minister of Uttarakhand.
3. Tushar Kothari the student of Btech Civil Engineering was invited as a Judge in a Dance Competition at HNB
Garhwal University Fest “Jai Ho”
3. Mr. Ankit Chamoli (B.Tech Civil Engg. 2012-16) , Suraj singh Rawat (MBA 2016-18) and Akshay Purohit (B.Tech EE 2013-17) alumni of Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun were felicitated by Hon'ble Vice Chancellor Prof.(Dr.)Sanjay Jasola Sir and respected Director Prof.(Dr.)Ajay Kumar Singh Sir. Mr. Ankit Chamoli is a professional beat boxer .Mr.Suraj Singh Rawat is a professional rapper .They had been shortlisted for renowned international platform TEDX where they had delivered a Ted Talk on social issues in Uttarakhand like gender bias ,migration ,intercaste marriages and women empowerment .They chose their artform beatboxing and rapping respectively to spread awareness among the youth .You can watch their entire episode on TEDX by clicking on the link below :
4. Mr. Manish Chaudhary and Mr.Mohit Rathore students of the B.Tech Civil Engineering department, Graphic Era Hill University Dehradun for presenting a research paper on "Utilization of Agrowaste in concrete" In International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Management & Science (ICETE-2019) Organised by Graphic Era Hill University Bhimtal.
1. Expert Lecture on Innovations in Concrete The guest speaker was Mr. Vijay Sharma, Technical Head of Ambuja Cement (North Region).
2. Guest lecture delivered by Dr. Vinay Sinha, TERI University Delhi, on GEO-INFORMATICS for the water resources.
3. Expert Lecture on: “LIFE PLANNING PROCESS”
Department of Civil Engineering organized an Interactive Session on “LIFE PLANNING PROCESS” by Col. Shailesh Pathak (CEO, ART-N-GLASS Inc.) on 29th November 2019.
4. Behaviour of Shallow Foundation on Reinforced Fly-Ash
The Department of Civil Engineering organised an Expert talk by "Dr. Sujit Kumar Saran, Principal Scientist CBRI Roorkee" on the Topic "Behaviour of Shallow foundation on Reinforced fly-ash" on October 13th 2018. Wherein the influence of randomly distributed fibre inclusion on Geotechnical behaviour of Indian fly-ash was discussed and practical demonstration of strengthening of reinforced soil was shown to the students.
5. Various Features and Design of a Green Buildings were Illustrated
"The Student Chapter of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) with Graphic Era Hill University" aims to seed the ideas of green building concepts in the minds of young professionals. The department of Civil Engineering organised an expert lecture by "Ar. Manisha Shetty, an architect at IGBC" on October 10th 2018. In the expert talk the various Features and Design of a Green Buildings were illustrated.
5. Department of Civil_Engineering, Graphic_Era_Hill_University organized an Expert Lecture by Dr. Amit Agarwal (Asst. Prof. Department of Civil Engineering IIT Roorkee ) on " POLICY TESTING USING MULTI AGENT TRANSPORT SIMULTATION FRAMEWORK" on June 5, 2019 at Graphic Era Hill University Dehradun Campus.
6. Graphic Era Hill University organized an ''Industry - Academia Interaction" for the students of Civil Engineering Department.
Mr. Sanjay Mathur
Advisor, SNG Developers Ltd,
Advisor, RLF Infrastructure Ltd &
Ex-President Sidhartha Buildhome Pvt. Ltd.
A National Seminar on Improvements on “Road Construction Techniques in the Himalayan Regions” organized by the Department of Civil Engineering, GEHU Dehradun in association with SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board).
The chief guests for the event were:
- Mr. A K Srivastava, Chief Engineer, Ministry of Transport & Highway
- Col. PrabhakarKumar, Senior Engineer BRO
- Mr. Vijay Dangwal, Senior Geologist, PWD-Uttarakhand
1. Four days workshop on Application of Open Source GIS in Civil Engineering
2. Two day workshop on AutoCAD
3. Workshop On "Advanced Designing Through Revit, 3d Max, PRIMAVERA
The Department of Civil Engineering, Graphic Era Hill University Organized a Two days Workshop on "Advanced Designing Through Revit, 3D Max, Primeavera," for the students of 3rd year (VI sem). This Workshop will help students to analyze the Civil Engineering problems and also in the research field for designing work.
4. Cad-a-thon On 17 November, 2018
The department of civil engineering organized CAD-A-THON (a part of Omnithon-2018) on 17th November, 2018. The event involved young and creative engineering students to create precise 2D and 3D drawing of various engineering structures using Auto CAD and Revit Software’s. The event was conducted in two phases – In the first phase the students were asked to draw various tow-dimensional shapes and isometric projections. In the second phase, the students were asked to draw a staircase plan, a 2 BHK and 3BHK house plan. The selected students from phase 1 and phase 2, had to draw a 3D drawing of a given 2-D plan.
5. Workshop on Advanced Designing through AutoCAD and Revit
The department of Civil Engineering, Graphic Era Hill University Organized a Workshop on "Advanced Designing Through AutoCAD and Revit" for the students of 2nd year (III sem). This Workshop will help students to analyze the Civil Engineering problems and also in research field for designing work.
The students showcased the various practical models and took part in various technical activities.
Inter-campus quiz competition organized by the students of Civil Engineering.
The Department of Civil Engineering won the “President Cup 2017” for Cricket, in both the Men and Women division
Students of Civil Engineering Department, Graphic Era Hill University attended a Webinar on ‘'Life cycle cost and Extending Life of Structures’'.
Annual Survey Camp
Department of Civil Engineering, Graphic Era Hill University Dehradun, organized a one-week ‘Annual Survey Camp’. Students of B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) V Semester participated in the camp. The survey camp was divided into various surveying exercises- Fly levelling, compass surveying, theodolite surveying, plane table surveying and Contouring. In the camp all the students of Civil Engineering Department learnt all the technical aspect which is required in Surveying.
Girl’s cricket team of Civil Engineering Department GEHU won the President Cup-2018 Girls cricket tournament. Hon'ble Vice Chancellor sir presenting the award to Civil Engineering girl’s team